Saturday, May 20, 2017

Intensive Care After Eating Gas Station Nacho Cheese

From: Kim S.
Sent: May 19, 2017
To: undisclosed recipients
Subject: Fw: Intensive Care After Eating Gas Station Nacho Cheese
A woman in Walnut Grove, California, has spent the last three weeks in intensive care after eating nacho cheese from a gas station.

Lavinia Kelly was driving home from work on April 21 when she stopped at Valley Oak Food and Fuel gas station for a snack.

After purchasing a bag of Doritos, she drizzled them with nacho cheese sauce that was available for customers.

The next day, the mother-of-three went to a local hospital to be treated for double vision, according to the Sacramento Bee.

Though she was sent home, a few hours later, Kelly was having breathing problems and was vomiting.

Since then, she has been hospitalized and spent her 33rd birthday on Wednesday in intensive care being treated for botulism, a rare paralytic illness. Botulism is caused by a nerve toxin produced by bacteria. Food-borne botulism typically comes from eating improperly canned or preserved foods, according to the CDC.

Symptoms include drooping eyelids, slurred speech, difficulty swallowing, dry mouth and muscle weakness. The illness can be fatal and is considered a medical emergency.

Kelly’s sister, Theresa Kelly, said the battle to recover has been an ordeal for the whole family.

“I’ve never seen my sister, um, not have function of her body or be able to communicate. And I’ve never seen my sister on tubes or anything like that,” she told Fox40.com.

Kelly is one of at least five people who have reportedly been hospitalized for botulism after eating food purchased at the gas station, according to the Sacramento County Health and Human Services Dept.

Officials halted food sales at the business on May 5, according to a press release.

Health officials are investigating three other probable cases and one suspected case, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Although Kelly is spending her third week in the hospital, her family is hopeful she will recover.

“We just don’t know how long or how much effort and, and we’ve got somebody here every single morning, every single day,” Theresa Kelly told Fox40. “She’s not left, not one minute. We want to make sure that she can communicate as much as possible.”

On Tuesday, Kelly’s family filed a lawsuit against the gas station in Sacramento County Superior Court on Tuesday alleging negligence, product liability and breach of implied warranty, according to the Sacrament Bee.

Calls made Thursday to Valley Oak Fuel and Food by HuffPost were not returned.

(HuffingtonPost)





Hang Out With Us:
Facebook Page
Pinterest Page
YouTube Page

Care to show your support?
Give us some love at Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Leave a comment below and tell the world what you think.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Sponsor: Rosa For Life

Treat yourself as though you were at a spa with this soft cotton bath hair wrap. It dries hair quickly, is water absorbent and washable. The soft cotton fabric dries quickly and will be ready for your next hair washing.

- Made of Soft Premium Cotton.
- Just twist, flip and button. Easy to use.
- It makes a perfect gift for the girls in your life.
Made by Rosa For Life in the USA.

The Rosa For Life brand takes pride in providing you with the highest quality in material and craftsmanship. You will not be disappointed with the high quality and comfort of your Rosa wrap.

These also make great gifts for the girls in your life. Each Rosa wrap is packaged in a nice white gift box, including gift tissue paper. All you have to do is gift wrap or place in a nice gift bag.



Customer Reviews 

Stumble It!

Follow Us By Email